National Be On Purpose Month

When I learnt about this particular observance, the first thing that came to mind (right after my "what on earth is this about" moment) was that there are many things that I would like to do on purpose (if you catch my drift!!)

It appears that the original intent was to bring focus on the resolutions otherwise so quickly forgotten and to bring a sense of calm in the face new year challenges in both our professional and personal lives.  Once I let go of my impish thoughts, I pondered for a long time on what I could really do On Purpose, that would benefit "me" or someone else (to make them better than me - otherwise known as an investment in other people).

These were my top 5 items:


  • Go visit a few older persons
  • Build an online community
  • Finish the book I started
  • Learn to play tennis
  • Participate in a group effort


Of course the reason I had not been doing these things before was because I On Purpose chose not to.  So the question remains, how do you now On Purpose, do the things that On Purpose you had not been doing before.

I crossed everything off my list and came up with a new one.

1.     On Purpose - stop making excuses for not getting done the things I commit to doing.

2.     On Purpose - take away something I like doing whenever I make an excuse for doing #1.

3.     On Purpose - live as though I will be stuck down for failing to do #2 when #1 is violated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments with us

"